The curriculum consists of classroom instruction and a weekly laboratory in which students receive leadership experience. The courses in military science and leadership are both academic and hands-on. Most count toward the student’s degree requirements. The academic program consists of:
- A degree in the student’s chosen academic subject;
- 12 to 22 credits in the military science and leadership curriculum;
- An approved course in American military history.
Soldiers that score 270 or above, with a minimum of 90 points per event on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) and meet body fat standards will be awarded the Physical Fitness Badge for physical fitness excellence. Soldiers are required to meet these criteria on each recorded test to continue to wear the badge.
The physical fitness uniform consists of the gray Army t-shirt, black trunks, black sweat pants (moisture wicking), black and gray running jacket and accessories including the reflective belt and knit cap.
Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) Standards
- Push-Up Standards
- Sit-Up Standards
- 2-Mile Run Standards (20 minutes and under)
- Height and Weight Standards
- Body Fat Standards