Chemistry Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in chemistry will be able to:
- Apply the principles of chemistry to their everyday lives and profession of choice;
- Solve problems and critically evaluate information with respect to chemistry issues;
- Design scientific experiments, interpret experimental results, and draw reasonable conclusions from these results;
- Effectively communicate scientific ideas and the results of scientific inquiry; and
- Properly use chemical instrumentation to conduct chemical inquiries in composition, structure, and reactivity.