- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Academic Requirements
- Four-Year Plans
- Invitational Honors Concert
- Learning Outcomes
- Semester In Italy
- Why Minor?
- Why RMC?
Music Performance Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in music performance will be able to:
- Perform solo repertoire at a high artistic level;
- Perform ensemble literature at a high artistic level;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of musical notation and language;
- Demonstrate aural perception skills to distinguish tonal and temporal relationships;
- Demonstrate proficiency on piano in technique and musicality, including scales, chord progressions, transposition, harmonization, and solo and accompanying repertoire;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of music, including melody, harmony, rhythm, tempo, dynamics, form, and style;
- Analyze music aurally and visually in terms of musical elements; and
- Identify music stylistically and place it in a historical context.