Sociology Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in sociology will:
- Display evidence of a developed sociocultural imagination, that is, the ability to conceive of the connections between individuals' behavior and the larger group(s) to which they belong;
- Demonstrate knowledge of and an aptitude with cultural diversity defined here as the array of sociocultural positions in the social world;
- Provide evidence of critical reading and analysis of important texts in the field;
- Develop and execute research papers and projects that seek to expand the sociological purview;
- Demonstrate expertise in sociology through writing.