First-Year Student Admission
You should apply as a first-year student if you are a first-time college student, a high school student who has taken dual-enrollment classes, or a student who has been out of high school for less than five years.
Requirements for Admission
Students seeking admission must submit the following:
- Rocky Mountain College application for admission;
- Official high school transcript;
- ACT or SAT test score;
- A personal essay and two letters of recommendation may be required for students with a cumulative GPA below 2.50 or ACT/SAT score below 21/1060.
- High school diploma, a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher, and an ACT/SAT score of 21/1060 or higher;
- The Admission Review Committee, composed of faculty and staff, will consider students with a cumulative GPA below 2.50, GED, and an ACT/SAT score below 21/1060 for admission. Students are required to submit an essay and two letters of recommendation prior to review by the committee. Following review, the student will be granted regular admission, conditional admission, or will be denied admission;
- High school students may be considered for admission with grades reported through their junior year in high school. Final official transcripts noting certification of graduation and class rank must also be submitted before a student enrolls.
- Those students earning a GED must submit an official record of their scores, having them sent directly from the granting agency to the College.
First-Year Student Merit Scholarships
First-year students who have applied and been accepted to RMC are automatically considered for one of the following scholarships based on official high school transcripts and test scores.
First-Year Merit Scholarship Levels:
Calculate your estimated merit scholarship here.
Home Schooled Applicants
For admission to Rocky Mountain College, applicants must submit:
- The evaluation of the home school instruction (transcripts); and
- Scores from a standardized test (ACT or SAT). Students who have not completed one of these tests on a national testing date may schedule a residual ACT test at RMC. Contact the Office of Admissions to schedule this.
The applicant may be asked to provide the following additional information:
- The educational philosophy of the home school;
- The selection of instructional materials, curriculum, and textbooks;
- The time, place, and method of instruction;
- A personal essay on their educational and career goals and how Rocky Mountain College might assist them in attaining these goals;
- Two letters of recommendation that address the candidate's ability and personal motivation to be successful at the college level.
Confirm Your Enrollment
To confirm your enrollment at Rocky Mountain College, submit your $250 new student deposit. Once your deposit is made, your admission counselor will assist you with requesting on-campus housing and registering for classes.