Transfer Student Admission
You should apply as a transfer student if you have attended another institution after graduating from high school. You can transfer to Rocky Mountain College with a minimum grade point average of 2.00. If you have attempted fewer than 27 transferable college-level credits*, you must also submit your high school transcript and ACT/SAT test score.
Please contact Shannon Ryan, transfer coordinator, for more information.
Requirements for Admission
Students seeking admission must submit the following:
- Rocky Mountain College application for admission;
- Official transcripts from any college previously attended. Students who have completed fewer than 27 college credits that count toward RMC general education requirements and/or an RMC established major will need to also submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT score; and
- A personal essay and two letters of recommendation may be required.
- Students who attempt 27 or more semester credits and have successfully passed a minimum of 27 that count toward RMC general education requirements and/or an RMC established major and have a minimum of a 2.00 GPA meet the requirements for regular admission.
- Students who attempt 27 or more semester credits and have less than 27 credits that count toward RMC general education requirements and/or an RMC established major will be reviewed by the Admission Review Committee and may be required to submit a personal essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Any student, regardless of number of credits transferring, who has been dismissed, placed on probation, or documented as not being in good standing with any prior institution will be reviewed by the Admission Review Committee and may be required to submit additional materials.
- Students who have attempted less than 27 semester credits will need to submit any college transcripts, high school transcripts, and test scores to meet regular admission requirements.
Transfer Student Merit Scholarships
Transfers who have applied and been accepted are automatically considered for the following merit scholarships based on grade point average of previous college work. Scholarships apply to those students working on their first bachelor's degree.
Transfer Student Merit Scholarship Levels
|Trustee:||3.50 to 4.00 GPA||$11,000/year|
|Presidential:||3.00 to 3.45 GPA||$10,000/year|
|Dean's:||2.50 to 2.99 GPA||$7,000/year|
|RMC Grant:||2.00 to 2.49 GPA||$5,000/year|
- No more than 94 semester hours or 135 quarter hours of credit are acceptable from four-year colleges;
- No more than 64 semester hours of 96 quarter hours are acceptable from two-year colleges;
- No junior- or senior-level credit will be allowed for courses from two-year colleges;
- No "F" grades will be accepted;
- No preparatory/developmental classes below 100-level will be accepted.
*Transferable credits are classified as courses over a 100-level (no preparatory classes), in which you have earned a grade of "D-" or better from an accredited institution.
Please feel free to contact Shannon Ryan at 406.657.1184 or email@example.com if you have any questions.