Federal Grants

RMC participates in all federal grant programs. To apply for federal grants, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at www.fafsa.ed.gov and enter RMC's school code (002534).

Federal Pell Grant

This grant is awarded to high-need students as determined by the FAFSA. The maximum award is $5,730 for the 2014-2015 academic year.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Priority for this grant is given to Federal Pell Grant eligible students. It is awarded by the Financial Aid Office as long as funds are available. The average award is $750.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)

The federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant) Program provides funds to students who are completing coursework that is required to begin a career in teaching and who agree to teach full-time for at least four years:

  • As a highly qualified teacher;
  • At a school servicing low-income students; and
  • In a high-need field.

The four years of teaching must be completed within eight years after completing or otherwise ceasing to be enrolled in the program for which a TEACH Grant was received. Failure to complete the four year teaching requirement will result in TEACH grant funds being converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.

The maximum award is $3,964.40 per year (award amounts are subject to change based on federal funding due to sequestration). Students must complete a FAFSA, although do not have to show financial need. To be eligible, a student must score above the 75th percentile on a college admission test or maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher. Students must be formally accepted into the Rocky Mountain College teacher education program. Students must complete a TEACH Grant initial and subsequent counseling and sign a new Agreement to Serve (ATS) each year a TEACH Grant is requested. Students must complete TEACH Grant exit counseling when they complete or cease to be enrolled in the program for which they received the grant.