Rocky Mountain College's Financial Aid Guarantee
A student's commitment to attend RMC is matched by a corresponding commitment from Rocky. Our Financial Aid Guarantee assures that, after the student has submitted all documents and/or information requested by RMC and the initial year's institutional gift aid award has been finalized, the total institutional gift aid will remain unchanged for each of the student's four years of attendance.
The names of the scholarships and/or grants that make up the student’s gift aid may change from year to year, but the amount of institutional gift aid will not total less than that received in the student’s initial year. Because of this, you can plan and budget for each year with the expectation that RMC institutional gift aid will not be reduced.
The following conditions must be met to maintain the provisions of the Financial Aid Guarantee:
- Students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually before the priority date of March 1. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool must be utilized upon completion and filing of federal taxes.
- Students must complete the RMC Grant & Scholarship Renewal form annually before the priority date of March 1.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits).
- Students must be continuously enrolled at RMC to retain their guarantee. Award amounts are not guaranteed for students who leave RMC for a semester or two and then return.
- Students must meet acceptable standards of academic progress.
- Students taking courses through non-exchange study abroad programs are not eligible for institutional gift aid.
- Students must reside on campus to retain housing grants.
- Award amounts are only guaranteed for four years.
If additional RMC gift aid (e.g., athletic) is received at a later date, previously awarded RMC gift assistance may be reduced or canceled but the total dollar amount of RMC aid will not be reduced. Please note: some RMC grants and scholarships have special conditions that may or may not be covered under the guarantee.
The following types of financial aid are not covered under the guarantee: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Iraq/Afghanistan Service and TEACH Grants, Federal and/or institutional Work Study, Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Federal PLUS loans, VA Benefits, Tuition Remission, athletic grants, special financial consideration grants, and any scholarships received from outside sources.