Super Bowl Squares
*The 2014 Super Bowl Squares pool is now closed.
Get in on the fun of this year's Super Bowl with RMC's first Super Bowl Squares Pool.
Super Bowl XLVIII will be held on Sunday, February 2, 2014, between the Denver Broncos (AFC) and the Seattle Seahawks (NFC).
RMC is organizing and conducting a standard squares pool. Don't worry – you don't have to know anything about football except that the game contains 4 quarters! The rules are simple:
- The buy-in is $50 per square. Of the $50, $30 will go directly to RMC Football and the other $20 will be put into the winner's pot.
- Each $50 buy-in will buy you assignment of one randomly selected square on a 10x10 grid. $100 will buy two squares, and so on. The columns and rows of the grid are then randomly assigned the numbers 0 through 9. The columns will represent the NFC team and the rows will represent the AFC team.
- Payout will depend on the scores at the end of each of the four quarters. To determine whether you've won, all you need to do is look at the second number in the score of each team at the end of each quarter. For example, if the NFC team's score is 7 and the AFC team's score is 10 at the end of the first quarter, then the person listed in the box where the NFC team labeled 7 intersects with the AFC team labeled 0 wins that quarter. The same person/box would win if the NFC's score was 17 and the AFC's score was 20.
- The deadline to participate is Friday, January 31. All monies must be submitted by January 31 if you are interested in participating. Following the deadline, box assignments will be emailed out to participants. At this time, we will also send out how much money will be distributed to each of the four winners.
- If all 100 boxes are not sold by the deadline, instructions will be sent out regarding who will receive the pot for a specific quarter is no one can claim the applicable box. If there are fewer than 50 participants, each person will receive two boxes for the price of $50.
Note: Please include an email address with your payment so you will receive your assignment and further instructions.
Please contact Brian Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.