Faculty & Staff
- Van Checkout
- Business Office
- Employee Giving
- Employment Opportunities
- Event/Master Calendar Booking Request
- Facility Work Order Request
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Web
- Human Resources
- Human Subjects Research/IRB
- Office of the Ombud
- Policies and Procedures
- Recognized Moments of Courtesy
- Room Booking System
- Staff Council
- Staff Directory
- Student Alert Form
- Staff Time Clock
- Supervisor Time Clock
IRB Track 1
Research for dissemination
As you prepare your IRB application materials to apply for review of your proposal to conduct research for dissemination, please refer to the charts on this web page, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Note that the IRB will use these charts as reference when evaluating your IRB application materials. Click here to read the technical definition of "research" as spelled out in federal code 45cfr46.
Follow these steps to apply for Track 1 research approval:
- Do not begin research on human subjects without IRB approval.
- Contact IRB members prior to submission of your application materials.
- Complete the IRB Exemption Application Form.
- Submit all of these required IRB materials to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days in advance of research you plan to do:
- Completed IRB Exemption Application Form (submit via the "submit" button in the form);
- Sample consent form and data collection instruments (e.g., surveys and sample interview questions) - these materials are crucial to the IRB's decision making;
- Evidence that all researchers involved in the project (including research assistants) have completed the National Institute of Health's Human Subjects Online Training Course. Submit a screenshot of your certification.