FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Heather Heggem, director of Physician Assistant Program / assistant professor of physician assistant studies, 406.657.1193, email@example.com
RMC Media Team, 406.657.1105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thirty-one new physician assistants receive white coats August 23 at RMC ceremony
BILLINGS, August 12, 2014 – Thirty-one students will complete two-and-a-half years of training and receive a master’s degree at Rocky Mountain College Saturday, August 23, as they receive the white coats that signify becoming a physician assistant. Program faculty will speak at the 10:00 a.m. ceremony in Losekamp Hall on the RMC campus. The ceremony also honors RMC president Bob Wilmouth for his years of dedication to training young medical professionals.
Each graduate completed 14 months of rigorous didactic classroom study and weekly exams, followed by 12 months of regional clinical rotations similar to those of a medical student. In the next month, they complete their rigorous PA national certifying exam, for which RMC students merited a pass rate of 96 percent over the last five years.
The RMC Master of Physician Assistant Studies program educates primary care providers who embody academic talents of evidence-based medicine, clinical skills, and professionalism while they provide compassionate health care services. The College focuses on serving rural and underserved areas of the intermountain region. RMC graduates distinguish themselves through emphases on patient safety and quality improvement.
The following graduates are listed alphabetically by last name.
- Ryan Alberts – Naperville, Ill.
- Tabitha J. Bayne – Tucson, Ariz.
- Gabriel D. Blomquist – Ryegate, Mont.
- Kristen Noel Bosworth-Anderson – Redding, Calif.
- John Michael Breneman – Bigfork, Mont.
- Kyle Briggs – Spanish Fork, Utah
- Kiira Mikelle Christianson – Arvada, Colo.
- Kurt Steven Conner – Moline, Ill.
- Janelle Stevens DeGeest – West Bend, Iowa
- Holly Diane Ernst – Billings, Mont.
- Reagan Dalton Fails – Beaver, Utah
- Emily Laura Farnsworth – Conifer, Colo.
- Carolyn Hope Gonsky – East Wenatchee, Wash.
- Meagan Griffin – Olean, N.Y.
- Kimberly A. Hoekman – Appleton, Wis.
- Chad J. Holgard – Billings, Mont.
- Jonathan Christian Jennings – Casper, Wyo.
- Zhongfeng Liu – Penglai, Shandong, China
- Christel Witt Marshall – Boulder, Colo.
- Shane Adam McCullough – Laurel, Mont.
- Daniel Paul Mieler – Brookfield, Wis.
- Shafia Naeem – Bryan, Texas
- Kelsey Elizabeth Ogilvie – Auburn, Wash.
- John Richard Handry Orth – Tigard, Ore.
- Melissa L. Rider – Las Animas, Colo.
- Laura Frances Roemmich – Bismarck, N.D.
- Daniel Robert Svacha – Ann Arbor, Mich.
- James Michael Wiesner – Billings, Mont.
- Joshua Wilding – Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Katherine Marie Willis – Bend, Ore.
- Karyn Zwickey – Denver, Colo.