Housing and Residential Life
The Department of Housing and Residence Life gives students opportunities for growth during their college experience. These experiences include programming within the residence halls, community service around campus or simply creating friendships among neighbors. While living in the residence hall community, students are given the opportunity to enhance their social skills and build lasting relationships.
It is our mission to provide students with safe and healthy on-campus living that enriches our students’ experience by promoting community responsibility and facilitating opportunities for success, both academically and socially. Our goals are to:
- Provide academic and social support to students through strategic co-curricular programming, meaningful extra-curricular opportunities, and staff accessibility;
- Design, implement and assess campus policies and procedures, which will give students structure and accountability and empower them to take responsibility in a shared community;
- Offer students a safe, secure and comfortable living community;
- Promote positive relationships and healthy boundaries between roommates, residents and peers;
- Provide students with opportunities to serve as leaders on campus and in the community.
The Residence Life Staff acts as a liaison between students and the campus, playing a crucial role in the college transition process. Please feel free to contact the Housing Office with any questions you may have. We hope that you enjoy your on-campus living experience.