Frequently Asked Questions for Current Students

Q: How long do I have to live on campus?

A: Rocky Mountain College requires all freshman and sophomore students to live on campus.

Q: Can I apply to move off campus before my freshman and sophomore years are completed?

A: Prior to the start of fall semester, students with exceptional grades, verifiable medical conditions, verifiable financial need, students over 21 years-of-age and those students who are married may apply to move off campus prior to their junior year. These applications are reviewed by the Director of Residence Life. To apply, complete the Off-Campus Housing Exemption & Contract Cancellation Form.

Q: How long do I have to change my meal plan?

A: All students can adjust their meal plans in any way until the 10th day of class each semester. Students may increase their meal plans at any time in the semester. To make a change to an existing meal plan or to sign up for a new meal plan, please fill out the online meal plan change request form

Q: Do I have to have a meal plan?

A: All students living in Widenhouse Hall or Anderson Hall are required to have either a Carte Blanche meal plan or a 10-meal plan. Students living in Rimview Hall, Jorgenson Hall, and off campus are welcome to have a meal plan; however, it is not required. For more information regarding food services, please click here.

Q: Can I stay in the halls over breaks?

A: For breaks during the semester such as fall or spring break, you are welcome to stay. Anderson Hall, Widenhouse Hall, and Rimview Hall are closed for winter and summer breaks. Jorgenson Hall will remain open during winter break for residents who are registered to live there for both the fall and spring academic semesters. For the exact dates the halls will be open, please consult the residence life calendar. Please note that the dining hall may have reduced hours or be closed during academic breaks.  

To be considered to live on-campus during the winter break, residents must complete and return the Winter Break On-Campus Housing Request Form to the Office of Residence Life located in Bair Family Student Center by  November 15 at 5:00 p.m.  Residents approved to stay on campus during the winter break will be charged $25 per night.

Q: How do I become a Resident Assistant?

A: All students who have lived on campus for at least two semesters are eligible to apply to be Resident Assistants (RA). The RA application process begins in February and consists of a formal application, a group interview, and an individual interview. If you are interested in becoming an RA, feel free to contact the Director of Residence Life to discuss the details of the position.

Q: How do I change to a different room or building?

A: Depending upon the situation and room availability, you may request a room change with your RD. If your room change request is the result of a roommate issue the first thing to do is talk to your RA. Let them know what is going on between you and your roommate. They will meet with you and your roommate, and use your roommate agreement to work to mediate the problem. If the RA’s intervention does not seem to help, the RD will schedule a meeting with all members of the room and determine how to proceed based on the information provided to them. We do ask that all students stay with their roommate for at least two weeks after a mediation, to allow time for the new boundaries to be exercised.