Enrollment Certification

A certification is an official document that confirms attendance, awarded degrees, current and past enrollment, expected graduation date, cumulative GPA, and other parts of a student record. Official certifications are printed on College letterhead with the registrar's signature.

Students may need certification of enrollment to defer student loans, to prove enrollment for health insurance, to verify degrees for prospective employers, or to show proof of academic standing to enroll in another institution. Certification of directory information may be requested without a written release from the student. Rocky Mountain College defines directory information as local and permanent addresses, dates of attendance, enrollment status, school and major field of study, classification, earned degrees, expected degree date, and similar information.

The National Student Clearinghouse

The College now participates in the National Student Clearinghouse Core Service for deferment of student loans. Check the National Student Clearinghouse website for a list of participating lenders and servicers. If your server is requesting your enrollment status, contact your services at the phone number provided on that list and inform them that the information is available at the Clearinghouse. If your servicer needs a deferment form processed, bring the completed form to the Office of Student Records. Write the semester for which you are requesting deferment in pencil on top of the form. We will forward the form to the Clearinghouse, who will confirm your enrollment with your servicer.

Degrees and Attendance

Our office lets you verify your degrees and attendance online if you are a current or former student of the university.

Contact the National Student Clearinghouse to get printed verification of attendance and degrees for employers and background screening firms.

Certain confidential information may be released only with the student's written authorization and signature, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.

Delivery Options

Certifications may be ordered by mail, fax, telephone, or in person. There is no charged for official certifications to be picked up the next day or to be delivered by first class mail. A certification costs $5 for same day delivery, notarization, or delivery by FedEx. (Additional charges for mailing by FedEx apply.) Pay for certifications by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.

Order by mail: A request for certification must include the following information. Mail the form or letter to Rocky Mountain College, Office of Student Records, Enrollment Certification, 1511 Poly Dr., Billings, MT 59102.

  • The date of the request
  • Student's full name as it appears on College records
  • Student's ID and date of birth
  • The type of information you are requesting to be printed on the certification
  • The purpose behind your request
  • The name and address to whom it should be mailed
  • The number of certifications requested for each address
  • Student's signature, if non-directory information is requested
  • Postal address of requesting party, email address, and daytime phone
  • Any special instructions
  • Any forms to be attached

Order by fax: Fax a letter addressed to Rocky Mountain College, Student Records, Enrollment Certification, which includes the information as above. Requests may be faxed to 406.657.1169.

Order by telephone: Certification of directory information may be requested by calling 406.657.1030 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Order by email: Certification of directory information may be requested by email. Provide the student's full name, ID, and date of birth.

Order in person: Come to the Office of Student Records in Eaton Hall, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You must present a photo ID when you order. A mailing address is required if the certification is to be sent to a third party.

Overnight delivery: Certifications may be sent by overnight delivery at your expense. The Office of Student Records uses Federal Express; other delivery services may be used if you make arrangements with the delivery service in advance. Payment for overnight delivery must be made by credit card. 

Other Academic Records

You may find information about official and unofficial transcripts on our transcripts page.