Degrees and Graduation

Checking Degree Progress

Use your CampusPortal to check your progress on specific degree requirements, plot future classes against a degree, and find help with advising. You may also set up an appointment to review your degree audit and discuss your progress with the Office of Student Records.


Commencement takes place in May of each year. Graduates from the Fall and Spring Semesters are encouraged to participate. To find out if you are eligible for graduation, meet with your advisor and complete a graduation application. Applications for December graduation are due February 1, and applications for May graduation are due April 1 of the previous year. Once you have submitted your application, you will then meet with a representative from the Office of Student Records to review your file and discuss your remaining classes.

There is a $100 graduation application fee ($25 additional late fee), which covers the cost of the diploma, cap, and gown. Payments may be made to the business office.


Honors at graduation are designated for associate's of arts, bachelor's of arts, and bachelor's of science degrees as follows: summa cum laude, GPA 3.80; magna cum laude, GPA 3.60; cum laude, GPA 3.40. Honors will not be calculated for master's degree candidates.

The grade point average for graduation with honors is computed on the basis of all courses attempted, both at Rocky Mountain College and at any other college. The GPA for all work taken at Rocky Mountain College must be above the level for the honor awarded.

Honors listed in the graduation program are calculated through the December prior to graduation ceremonies. Honors at the point of graduation will be noted on both the diploma and on the student's transcript.

Verifying Degrees and Dates of Attendance

The National Student Clearinghouse provides dates of attendance and earned degrees to employers and background screening firms. The website provides public information for all students enrolled since 1988. For students enrolled before then, call the Office of Student Records for more information.