Financial Aid

Veterans Services

Use of Tuition Assistance (TA)

Students, military personnel, and/or veterans who plan on using Tuition Assistance (TA) are directed to contact and receive approval from their ESO, military counselor, or Service prior to their enrollment. Upon TA approval from a student's Service, that student may be enrolled at Rocky Mountain College.

Military Friendly Campus

Rocky Mountain College has been named a Military Friendly School®️. Victory Media, an industry-leading ratings entity, annually compiles data to provide service members the best, most accurate information for their post-military decisions and opportunities.

The Military Friendly School® website features tools for military service members, veterans, and spouses to research and find the best school for their unique needs and interests. Schools that are featured on this list excel in providing programs and policies tailored to those who have served, including student support, academic and credit policies, and flexibility. Military Friendly Schools® do everything possible to ensure the success of military members, veterans, and military spouses.

Yellow Ribbon Program for Veterans

Rocky Mountain College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon Program at Rocky Mountain College is available to undergraduate students. Graduate students can certainly use their Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefit to attend RMC, but do not qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program.

The Yellow Ribbon Program was established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows colleges in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition and fee expenses for qualified veterans. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® will pay up to $27,120.05 for the 2023-24 academic year for a veteran's tuition and fees. Under the Yellow Ribbon agreement, RMC will then contribute 50 percent of the remaining tuition and required fee* expenses, and the Department of Veterans Affairs will match that amount. This agreement results in a veteran's tuition and fees being fully covered. The Department of Veterans Affairs will also pay a monthly housing allowance and up to $1,000 for books and supplies directly to you.

You may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program if you:

  • Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001; or
  • Dependents are eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on an individual's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

For additional information and to apply for this benefit, please go to
Please note that if you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, any RMC institutional funding that may have been awarded prior to RMC’s knowledge of the availability of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®️ may be revised to reflect the RMC Heroes Scholarship.

*Required fees are: academic lab fee; campus technology fee; Graduation Fee Accrual; ASRMC student government fee; and ASRMC student publication fee. Course specific fees are not considered.

Readmission of Service Members

As per federal regulations, Rocky Mountain College complies with service member readmission policies. Should a service member be called away for military service*, the College must readmit the service member to the previous academic standing and tuition/fee rate he/she previously held or was awarded upon acceptance.

The student must notify the school and the Office of Student Records of the military service and of the intent to return to the school within three years of the completion of the military service; a student who does not complete this will not lose readmission eligibility, but will be subject to the College's general readmission policies.

*The Federal Student Aid Handbook defines "military service" as: "Service, whether voluntary or involuntary, in the armed forces, including service by a member of the National Guard or Reserve on active duty, active duty for training, or full-time National Guard duty under federal authority, for a period of more than 30 consecutive days under a call or order to active duty of more than 30 consecutive days. This does not include National Guard service under state authority."

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Voluntary Education Programs for Military Personnel

Rocky Mountain College is committed to ensuring that Service members and their adult family members have access to voluntary education programs at the college pursuant to DoD Directive Number 1322.08E. Any service member who may have a complaint regarding compliance to this directive may contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at