Enrollment & Degree Verification

Verification (certification) of a student's record may be requested from the Office of Student Records. Student record includes attendance, degrees awarded, current and past enrollment, expected graduation date, and cumulative GPA. Official verification letters are printed on College letterhead with the registrar's signature. Forms brought to the office will be verified with the registrar's signature. 

Common Reasons to Request Verification of Records

Student Privacy and Release of Records

Directory information may be requested by a third party without a written release from the student. Rocky Mountain College defines directory information as local and permanent addresses, dates of attendance, enrollment status, school and major field of study, classification, earned degrees, expected degree date, and similar information.Verification of directory information may be requested by calling 406.657.1030 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m, or by emailing StudentRecords@rocky.edu. Provide the student's full name, ID, and date of birth.

Certain confidential information may be released only with the student's written authorization and signature, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.

How to Request Verification of Student Records

National Student Clearinghouse online verification services.

  • Current and former students of the College may get printed verification of attendance and degrees for employers and background screening.

Order by mail: 

Mail to:

Rocky Mountain College
Office of Student Records, Enrollment Verification
1511 Poly Dr.
Billings, MT 59102.

Requests for verification must include the following information:

  • The date of the request
  • Student's full name as it appears on College records
  • Student's ID and date of birth
  • The type of information you are requesting to be printed on the certification
  • The purpose behind your request
  • The name and address to whom it should be mailed
  • The number of certifications requested for each address
  • Student's signature, if non-directory information is requested
  • Postal address of requesting party, email address, and daytime phone
  • Any special instructions
  • Any forms to be attached

Order in person: 

Come to the Office of Student Records in Eaton Hall, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You must present a photo ID when you order. A mailing address is required if the verification is to be sent to a third party.

Enrollment Verification (Certification) for Student Loan Deferment

The Office of Student Records provides verification/certification of enrollment for purposes of student loan deferment. Contact your lender or student loan servicer or visit their website to initiate the process. If your servicer uses a form, download the form from their website and bring the completed form into the Office of Student Records. Write the semester for which you are requesting deferment in pencil on top of the form.

The Office of Student Records can fax or email the verified form to the number or address provided. The student may also take the verified form and submit it to the loan servicer.

Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you need help contacting your lender or loan servicer.

Delivery Options

Verifications may be ordered by mail, fax, telephone, or in person. There is no charge for verifications to be picked up the next business day or to be delivered by first class mail. Contact Office of Student Records regarding fees for expedited delivery.

Other Academic Records

See also transcripts page. 


Office of Student Records
Rocky Mountain College
Eaton Hall
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, MT 59102